Lily Pond - Goodale Park, Columbus

Lily Pond - Goodale Park, Columbus

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2nd annual Camp Kon-O-Kwee Knit Camp 2010


Knitting Retreat - What can I say about it...That is was lovely!  Lots of women, lots of knitting!  Lots of goodies and a good "shop" day the day before camp.  I think the only thing that could have made it better was if there were some really cute, straight guys there that were also knitters....well, single hot guys anyway!  I'm sure that most of the women there were married.  At least it seemed to be that way....Anyway, I'm getting a little off topic aren't I!

Thursday my Mom and I rode with Kristie to Pittsburgh to meet up with and stay with Kristie's sister Sarah.  For those of you that don't know Kristie ( I don't remember all of my blog posts and I don't exactly think that all of you read all of my blogs), but Kristie is a friend of mine.  Over the years, I've gotten to know Sarah because she is Kristie's sister and I consider her a friend too.  We met for lunch, then we all went together to Knit One (yarn shop) in Squirrel Hill and then to Natural Stitches (I'm not sure of the general location of Natural Stitches and really don't feel like looking it up now).  Knit One is fun!  It is a fun place.  There are always some really nice yarns there and I'm amazed everytime I go there of all of the pretty yarns that they carry.  They normally carry bags but the owner says that they can barely keep them in the shop because they sell so fast.  After leaving Knit One we went to Natural Stitches and they had quite a few good yarns marked down.  It was such a hard decision for me to make of what I wanted to buy.  There were several things there that I liked but didn't want to spend all of my money before I got to camp.  I wanted to save some money for when Raspberry Farms came with their Alpaca.  I did buy some sock yarn from R.F. and I bought some tweed at N.S. and I have no idea what I'm going to make with it.  But I like it and I love the color!

After a stop at Trader Joes and doing dinner, we called it a night.  Friday morning we got up, had breakfast and headed out.  Sewickley and Yarns Unlimited was our first stop and then onto camp.  Yarns Unlimited is a cute little shop.  I have no qualms about it but for some reason after going to the first two shops, that shop didn't really excite me.  What I didn't know is that they had an upstairs with all of their marked down yarns.  I'm sure if I would have went up there I would have enjoyed the treasure hunt whether or not I bought anything!  Oh well.  Maybe I'll get there again.  Who knows. 

Onto camp.  It was a nice little drive.  I actually think I dozed off at some point.  I wasn't feeling the best.  Mother Nature was calling but I wasn't sure of the ringtone at first.  I took a lot of pain killers and prayed.  I was hoping I didn't get sick like I normally do on my first two days.  After moving around a bit I did feel better.  After meeting all the "girls" that lifted me up some too.  Funny, you forget how much pain you're in sometimes just based on the company that you keep. 

Just a few words about camp in general.  I learned how to do fairisle.  That was nice.  It was much easier than I thought it would be.  It has inspired me to do more.  I have a drawstring purse pattern that I bought at Knitter's Connection two years ago that I want to do now.  I'm not afraid to do it now!  Just getting together with other creative people always gives me inspiration and right now that is what I need.  I need to be inspired by my surroundings so that I trek ahead with all the ideas that I have!

Thanks Kristie for driving and thanks Sarah for giving us a place to stay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment