Lily Pond - Goodale Park, Columbus

Lily Pond - Goodale Park, Columbus

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Staycation - Day 1

I took a few days off of work to get some things done at home and to work on Crazy Craft N Ladies business. As luck would have it Day 1 I was ill.  This always happens to me whenever I take more than a day off I get sick. Maybe I am working to much and my body is telling me something or maybe I am letting myself get too stressed out with work and life. I don't know but I need to figure it out!

Back to day 1:

Brandy, my dog woke me up in the wee hours of the morning. It took me at least an hour to talk her into go laying down somewhere and going back to bed. I know, you ask "why didn't you just take her out? Wouldn't that have been easier?"  Yes in normal circumstances, it would have been much easier. In my younger days and in my dog's younger days I did. Now I won't take her out unless it is an emergency at that time of day. My neighborhood has gotten worse in the years I have lived here. There was a shooting across the street that I was almost a witness to. A murder happened across the street and a house got shot up in my same neighborhood years back. The house shoot up was rumored to be a gang issue and there are rumored drug dealers in the area. So I don't feel comfortable going outside during hours when most people are sleeping and that is only for security reasons.

Now that I have told at least a 13 year history of where I live......

Yesterday I found my Lord of The Rings book. It was at the bottom of a huge pile of books that I have.  The size of the book caught my attention so I pulled it out.  I had wanted to read LOTR as one of my major books of the year. It is also a book that my Mom and I were going to read together. So I brought it into the living room and I laid it on the couch where I normally sit. I found throughout the day that I kept moving it around on the couch to get it out of the way. At some point last night I moved it to the floor then my dog decided she wanted to lay down right next to me and sha laid on top of it. So I moved it for the last time to the love seat and I haven't picked it back up yet to read.

Throuhout the day I had to take Brandy out many times. She was whinier than usual. Maybe she didn't know what to do since I was home. My Mom said that normally she only has to take her out once while I'm at work. I take her out before I go to work and at least an hour after I'm home for the day if not as soon as I get home. So with my obnoxious headache and upset stomach I struggled to take her out many times.  I managed to make breakfast for both my Mom and I. Mom also was down with a headache. We both suffer from headaches due to weather change. Her headaches are much worse than mine and have even been diagnosed as cluster headaches. Apparently they can be inherited. So far I am still functioning when I get a headache. Usually with a little medicine and rest I get better pretty quickly. My Mom can be sick for several days.  Anyway, after my medical history lesson!....

I caught up on a lot of my DVR'd shows, The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles, and some HGTV shows.  I knitted a little bit. Did a load of laundry and fixed myself lunch at around 5 o'clock. Whenever I don't work my meal schedule is off.  I think I just watched more TV and that's when my stomach issues escalated. So I did not eat dinner and went to bed early. When I'm off work I normally stay up late. It is very unusual for me to go to bed before midnight but I stay up anywhere from 1 in the morning until anywhere to 3 in the morning.  I'm a better night owl than early bird but I can be both. My thing is the midday nap. Naps can do wonders!

Stay tuned tomorrow for today's stay action happenings! 









No comments:

Post a Comment