Lily Pond - Goodale Park, Columbus

Lily Pond - Goodale Park, Columbus

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Staycation - Day 2

Wednesday was my second day off from work. B-Girl let me sleep in until 8. I was so happy and thankful! I got up with her and took her out by 8:15. I came back in and loaded up the dishwasher and threw in a load of laundry. Oh and I watered the plant. I was feeling more wide awake and very domestic. I even made breakfast for my mom and I.

I had to call into work to collaborate with my newly assigned team for a team building we are having. It's in the tradition of the show called "Shark Tank." We, my team and I, have to come up with an item and it's financials to present to the "Sharks," the sharks are selected members for a panel to judge us. It's just for fun but we were told that whomever wins gets some fabulous prizes!

After the call I got cleaned up. I finished knitting a scarf I had started a few days earlier and had lunch. In between time I just watched shows I had recorded on the DVR.  A little later my Mom had asked me if I could run her over to Joann's.  I was feeling a little couped up and did want to get out of the house.  I hate going to regular stores like Wal-Mart and Meijers just to look around. I don't like shopping just for the sake of shopping and I really don't like malls. Not liking malls is more about the people than the shopping but I would just rather stay at home.

I took my mom to Joanns. She wanted to see if they had anymore of the Red Heart collegiate color yarns there. Well I guess they are also colors for professional teams too. They did have the yarn there but they did not have the Red and Gray like she was looking for. We looked around. I found some collegiate colors in some ribbon yarn so I bought it. We ran into Laura, a former colleague I worked with when I used to work ay Joann's, she suggested that we order the yarn from RH, so we did. We ended up being there for some time.  While my mom was waiting on Laura I looked at mags and found the newest edition of "Where Women Create." I recommend all you creative ladies out there to grab a copy sometime if you've never read it before. I get a lot of inspiration from it. I love reading about other women making a business out of their Art or Hobbies. Our world needs more creatives in it.

On our way home we stopped by KFC on Sullivant Ave. it's my favorite because they always have great green beans, they are very flavorful, and the have the potato wedges. Trust me that all KFCs are not the same. The only thing I don't like is that they are out of their grilled chicken a lot of times so I don't go all the time.

We came home and ate and watched TV and talked the rest of the night. My friend Susi called and we chatted for some time. I think I went to bed around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment