Lily Pond - Goodale Park, Columbus

Lily Pond - Goodale Park, Columbus

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Staycation -Day 3

Thursday, Day 3 - I got up this morning with a specific goal in mind. I got a membership to Sam's Club through work, back in April, that I had never used. So my goal for this day was to go to Sam's Club. We, my Mom and I, hadn't done our grocery shopping for the month. We wanted to see what Sam's had before we went to the regular store. By the time we both got up, I got Brandy outside, and we fixed and ate breakfast and got ready it was close to 2:30.  I didn't sleep well the night before and Brandy woke me up early again so I did lay down and took about an hour nap. So all the time wasn't just getting ready.

I headed over to Hilliard. I took the back way. The older I get the more and more I dislike the highway, especially in town, because the traffic is always horrendous and because the older I get the less patience I have for stupid people. I also like taking the back way to see if anything new is going on around the area I live.  We get to Hilliard. Easy peasy! No problems at all with traffic. It took me less time than if I had went the highway. We get to Sam's Club and go in.

I haven't been to SC in many years. It was when it was still attached to Wal-Mart. Even though it was a nice store then I wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it was. We had to get our IDs first. I hate getting my picture taken. Pictures like that never turn out nice for me. One time only did my drivers license turn out. I didn't plan it and didn't get a chance to spruce up beforehand. I went on straight from work. Another time I did plan it. Took the to e to do my hair, my makeup and I looked crazy. The lady at the bureau literally pulled the picture stand, for lack of a better word, straight up in the camera. Then she made me sit down, told me to lift my chin up and snapped the picture. I was so mad. I had a half smile on my face and the picture made my head look big! So, both my mom and I got a card and we went shopping.

We were in that store over two hours. I was getting tired and grumpy. My mom is the type of person that stops, looks and touches everything with no intent to buy. I absolutely hate that! If you are absolutely not going to buy something why even bother to look at it. If your intention is to look at it because you might buy it in some future timeframe that is one thing. Finally I did have to say something to her to step it up because we hadn't gotten to the groceries yet.

I found my prized smoked Gouda cheese! In regular non ethnic stores it is hard to find. In stores like Whole Foods it is usually expensive. If what I bought doesn't last me awhile I'm going to have som serious bathroom issues! lol

I bought a few other miscellaneous items, a few groceries and a few personal items. We came home and unloaded the car, took care of Brandy and relaxed a couple of  hours. I cooked dinner and we watched TV the rest of the night. I think, I'm writing this entry two days later so some things are kind of fuzzy, I went to bed really late, like 1:30/2:00. I just remember being super tired Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment